Sunday, June 7, 2015

kiss from a rose

Darlene made this: New Look 6401

I made another variation of New Look 6401 for my sister. This is in View B without the drape. I made this with the fabric I have in my stash for a long while, so I only bought the lace and the notions required.

Darlene made this: New Look 6401

What you see is the wrong side of the fabric. The fabric is a polyester blend and it has a shine that it'll make the dress look cheap. The dress looks a little wonky on Izzie - - it made that way. My sister's torso doesn't have the perfect symmetry, so whatever adjustment need on the right side not necessary mean its the exactly the same on the left side. It made this simple project a bit complicated.


Last time I made her a fully lined dress, it became heavy and stiff - so I decided to partially lined this dress to keep it light and flow-y.

That's the right side of the fabric, too shiny no?

Darlene made this: New Look 6401

All the hand work...
Darlene made this: New Look 6401


And on to my sister...

Darlene made this: New Look 6401


Thank you so much for reading...!

Until then,

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment