Thursday, March 3, 2016

insta-recap, february 2016

I spent my February taking medication, KonMari-ng (if that's even considered a verb), celebrating and a little reading, here's a recap:

It's crab season here so I cooked "Crab Curry" using the recipe from 50 Great Curries of India
 Darlene Cooked this: Crab Curry

Its been a while since I made some cupcakes, so I made a batch of Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream:
Darlene cooked this: Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream

 Celebrated Chinese New Year with Dumplings:

Darlene Cooked this: Chicken Dumpling

I treated myself with Matcha (Green Tea) Cake for Valentines' Day. In Chinese Tradition, you gift plum blossoms or sakura flowers to someone unmarried to wish him/her love for the New Year:
Darlene cooked this: Matcha Cake

I did some sewing but to be honest to this day it's still a working in progress:


Spaghetti with Meatballs:

Darlene cooked this: Spaghetti with Meatballs


A got a set of cloth labels for this year:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtsyFartsyOzark?section_id=11962214&ref=shopsection_leftnav_4


I got a copy of "Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up"  More tidying up for me in the coming weeks and more trips to the donation shop

Another new in my library: "Sew Many Dress, Sew Little Time: The Ultimate Dressmaking Guide". I do understand the concept of mix and match bodice and skirt pattern. I do this all the time like: strapless bodice with circular skirt, with long bias skirt, with long straight skirt and peplum, or a sweetheart bodice with drape details and long pleated skirt or trims yet, I still bought a copy of this book, solely due to the pattern featured on the cover. What's more exciting, at least for me, the dress  looks like the Christian Siriano gown seen recently on the red carpet.  


Lastly, my family celebrated my dad's birthday. You may have notice that I cook this quite often for one obvious reason: it's my family's favorite!

Darlene cooked this: Pansit Malabon with Pork BBQ


Till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment