Sunday, December 7, 2014

Back to basics



v8772

Blouse: Vogue Pattern 8772


Finally, I am revamping my work/casual wardrobe. It took me a while to do this since I made quite a few big projects these past few months.

So I made a button down blouse as a start. 

When I bought this light weight printed cotton fabric more than a year ago, I initially thought of making a bow blouse. Though there are many tutorials on making one floating in the blogosphere, I still patiently waited for a pattern to come out. So when I stumbled with this Vogue pattern, I immediately bought a copy. 

Unfortunately, my fabric wasn't big enough to make a bow blouse (more than 3 meters is required, while I have 2 meters of fabric), so I have to settle with a classic collar blouse. I didn't do a muslin however, I did a tissue fitting  and went ahead cut and sew away.

I really love the print and I like how it turned out.

Off to the next project...

Happy sewing...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment