Monday, May 18, 2020

All Dressed up


For so many sewing enthusiasts, we see this whole ordeal as an opportunity to tick off a few sewing projects from the ever growing list. Ariana Dress from StyleArc has been in my list since its release, finally made it. 




My fabric stash is more like a stockpile at this point, and since I have more time – more than I could wish or ask for - I made 2 dresses:



About the pattern: This must be the second pattern I bought from StyleArc (first one seen here). I usually shorten the bodice but this time I didnt, just shortened the straps. It only has 3/8" sewing allowance instead of the usual 5/8", I easily get used to it as it already indicated in the sewing machine, no need for my to use tape or rubber band to mark the 5/8" so its convenient. Shirring is new to me and I found this tutorial really helpful.

Most of my sewing stuff, including my sewing machine, are at my boyfriend's apartment. Hence, I am using my mom's. Unfortunately its button hole feature is no longer working, hence its done by hand:



Not my best work, in my defense, I haven't done this since my fourth-grade home economics class.


How are you keeping up?


No comments:

Post a Comment