Saturday, June 4, 2022

anxiety

 Covid restriction here finally lifted: no more mask, social distancing, pubs/bars and restaurants are in full capacity. 

I was required to work 4days a week, still at risk of getting the virus and passing it to my elderly parents. My siblings are like me  front liners - nurse and teacher, respectively. No matter how careful we can be we are at risk hence, the anxiety was overwhelming. What was toughest was finding balance between seeing other people we care about, our friends, whilst at the same time, trying to protect ourselves and our parents. 

During the peak of the pandemic, I was helping everyone around me deal with their own anxiety and uncertainty. I felt that I had no one but me dealing with my own anxiety, I found solace and comfort with my hobbies. Started sewing, blogging and crocheting again. 

I did a lot of crocheting since I can simply carry crochet hook and thread anywhere. I actually learned to crochet first before sewing, still I tried to freshen up my skill by doing smaller crochet project like few coasters

Coincidently, many had babies so with hopes that one of my friends will have hers, I started making one 

darlene's baby blanket

darlene's baby blanket

darlene's baby blanket


and then there's two. 

darlene's baby blanket yellow

darlene's baby blanket yellow

darlene's baby blanket yellow


Yet, still no babies.


Inshallah.

No comments:

Post a Comment