Sunday, April 12, 2015

everything's coming up roses


Darlene made this: Princess Sheath Dress

I bought this fabric more than a year ago. I bought it simply because it made me smile - yes, it was love at first sight. Its a quilt-weight cotton fabric - no big deal since I made a garment with one once before.

The pattern however, has been sitting in my library since 2012. To be fair, the pattern is size 38 and has to be graded down to 3 sizes. I didn't have any idea how to do it until recently.  I made a muslin, shortened the bodice by an inch and a half and kept the length of the skirt as it is.

The bodice has a silk organza interlining and sewn the seam allowances with a catch stitch; the whole dress is lined with pink batiste cotton.

Princess Sheath Dress:: Interior


I like how my dress turned out and I like it more that I'm wearing it now at this stage of my life as I'm at my happiest.

Darlene made this: Princess Sheath Dress


Until then,

Happy Sewing...!

No comments:

Post a Comment