Sunday, July 26, 2015

making a start


Basic Tee via
Gym Shorts, free pattern


I made a start. 

I've been excising since last month. No, its not that I want to lose weight but because I want to be healthy and fit. I am enjoying the comfort of the modern life - I drive a car that takes me from point A to B, arriving to a shopping mall minutes after its opening hours so I could park near to its entrance, use conveyor or elevator whenever possible and always grateful to those who always let me cut in line at the payment counter whenever I have 1 or 2 items with me.

So since last month, I started living a healthier lifestyle via exercising. I bought DVD and exercise every morning for 30-minutes, 5 days a week at my home. I prefer exercising at home - free from shaming (first discussed here)

I made a start.

Sewing-wise, these are the first shorts that I made. Regardless of how many years I've been sewing or garments I've sewn, making pants is a new territory for me. For sometime, I want to learn how to make pants yet I stayed away because of the technique required  intimidates me - installing fly-front zipper, sewing belt carrier, pockets, etc., - hence, I started to conquer my fear by making these. I do hope I will build up new skills as I move to more complicated project. I made 3 of these - blue (above), white and pink as seen here.

I've worked with woven fabrics A LOT (and rarely with lace) but knits scares me. And because a simple tee could sometimes costs a fortune, I decided to give it a try. So I signed up for this course and made my first tee and it made me confident enough to make this dress.


Until then,


No comments:

Post a Comment